Stem Cells, Embryos, & Ethics (Podcast 003)
Special thanks to senior biology major Stacey Henness, who took microphone and recorder in hand to talk with some folks at a nearby shopping mall.
Sources and Links:
- Stem Cells 101, by Dennis Sullivan
- Small Things Considered, by William Cheshire
- Father of Animal Activism Backs Monkey Testing, from the Times Online (Britain)
Theme Music: Gli Uccelli (The Birds), Part I. Prelude (Allegro moderato), by Respighi, courtesy of Shockwave Sound
Special Music: Overwhelmed by Bree Noble
- ‘Dark Blue’ and ‘There Is’ by Allison Crowe
- ‘Reflection at Sundown’ by A Sunken Ship Irony
- ‘Washing Off Like an Aardvark’ by Derek K. Miller
Except as noted, all music courtesy of The Podsafe Music Network.
Our January podcast is about embryonic stem cell research. We feature some interesting interviews with the public and an analysis of the ethics. We also look at a report on a conflict between Dr. Peter Singer and the animal rights movement, and we ask this month’s Tough Ethics Question.