Epidemiologist and public health expert Dr. Ginger Cameron joins Dr. Dennis Sullivan to discuss the ethics of the current Ebola crisis.
They consider these important questions:
- What’s going on in West Africa? Why is the outbreak so severe?
- Was it ethical to treat western missionaries with experimental drugs?
- What about enforced quarantine? Does that violate individual rights?
- How does medical triage work?
- What are the latest ethical challenges?
Bioethics, medical ethics, ebola
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0 License.
Sullivan, Dennis M. and Cameron, Ginger D., "The Ethics of Ebola (Podcast 031)" (2014). Bioethikos Podcasts. 34.