Residence Halls

 

Preview

image preview

Date

1973

Description

Color photograph of a two-story brick building with two cars parked in front

Source

University Archives

Digitization Date

June 10, 2021

Original Format

3½" x 5" color photograph

Archives Collection

Public Relations Office Photos, 1950s-1970s

Archives Container Number

PF-3

File Folder Number

301M

File Folder Title

Patterson

Archives Identification Number

RG 7/4

Identifier

PF3-301M-7.jpg

Comments

Construction began on Patterson Hall, named after trustee William Patterson, in 1959. It opened in the fall of 1960 as a men's dormitory and became a women's dormitory in the fall of 1964. It served as a dormitory until 1983. The building was damaged during a tornado in 1974, at which time the second floor was removed. Patterson Hall has also housed the health clinic and the bookstore, and it currently (2021) serves as academic offices.

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0 License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0 License.

Keywords

Cedarville, dorms, dormitories, residence halls, Patterson

Share

COinS