Residence Halls

 

Preview

image preview

Date

circa 1960

Screen Reader Description

Black and white photograph of a large, two-story brick building

Source

University Archives

Digitization Date

June 16, 2021

Original Format

5" x 7" black and white photograph

Archives Collection

Public Relations Office Photos, 1950s-1970s

Archives Container Number

PF-3

File Folder Number

301R

File Folder Title

Williams

Archives Identification Number

RG 7/4

Identifier

PF3-301R-4.jpg

Comments

Williams Hall opened in 1960 as a residence hall. It was named in honor of long-time Bible professor Arthur Williams (1896-1978), who taught at Cedarville from 1953 to 1967. He served as chair of the Bible Department (1955-1967) and Dean of Students (1953-1960). In 1968 he became the first person to be honored as Honorary Alumnus of Cedarville College. In 1981 Williams Hall was converted to offices, and it now (2021) houses classrooms and offices and serves as the home of the academic departments of education, psychology, and English, literature, and modern languages.

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0 License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0 License.

Keywords

Cedarville, dorms, dormitories, residence halls, Williams

Share

COinS