History and Government Center

 

Title

Milner Hall

Preview

image preview

Date

November 1973

Academic Year

1973-1974

Screen Reader Description

Color photograph of a one-story brick building

Source

University Archives

Digitization Date

July 28, 2021

Digitization Specifications

Canon CanoScan LiDE 400 scanner, 400 dpi

Original Format

3½" x 5" color photograph

Archives Collection

Public Relations Office Photos, 1950s-1970s

Archives Container Number

PF-4

File Folder Number

310

File Folder Title

Milner Hall

Archives Identification Number

RG 7/4

Identifier

PF4-310-27.jpg

Comments

The building now known as the History and Government Center was added to the campus in 1950. It was originally the biology building and later served as Milner Chapel. The October 1959 issue of The Ohio Independent Baptist, the newsletter of the Ohio Association of Regular Baptist Churches, reported on renovations to the building: "Originally a government surplus building, the chapel was extended 40 feet previously and now the frame structure is being bricked and additions put on the east and west sides to make it large enough to handle 400 persons." Through the years, this building has also been used for various campus services and offices, including Human Resources, the bookstore, Campus Safety, the print shop, and academic and administrative offices. It now houses the offices of the Department of History and Government and the Center for Political Studies.

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0 License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0 License.

Keywords

Cedarville, buildings

Share

COinS