In the early 1950s, the Cedarville University chapel was held in the building that is now offices for the faculty in the History and Government department.
70 years of chapel - 2.jpg (4001 kB)
During his tenure as president, James T. Jeremiah often spoke in chapel, then held in Milner Chapel.
70 years of chapel - 3.jpg (886 kB)
In the 1960s, chapel was moved to Alford Auditorium, complete with squeaky theatre seats.
70 years of chapel - 4.jpg (6214 kB)
The chapel program moved into the James T. Jeremiah Chapel--now the Apple Technology Resource Center--in 1975. The facility increased its capacity to 2,000.
70 years of chapel - 5.jpg (2871 kB)
With the construction of the Dixon Ministry Center, chapel programs moved into the new facility, which now has a capacity of approximately 4,000.
Chapel is the heartbeat of Cedarville University. The daily program is what unites the campus community, including faculty, staff and students, around common themes of biblical truth and joyful worship.
Cedarville, Cedarville University, chapel
Weinstein, Mark D., "The Heartbeat of Cedarville University: 70 Years of Daily Chapel" (2023). News Releases. 1710.