Patterson Hall, named in honor of William B. Patterson, opened in 1959 and served first as a residence hall. It currently houses the Department of Communication faculty offices. William B. Patterson (1900-2000) spent most of his adult life working for the Cleveland Electric Illuminating Company as a general foreman for electrical line installation and maintenance crews, retiring as a district manager in 1965. He was first elected to the board of Baptist Bible Institute of Cleveland in 1945 and was one of the original trustees of Cedarville College when BBI took over the college in 1953. Mr. Patterson contributed his expertise in electrical work to many projects on the Cedarville campus. From 1953 to 1960, he helped install the wiring for Williams, Faith, and Patterson Halls. The 1960 Miracle yearbook was dedicated to Mr. Patterson for his work in developing the campus. In total, he served as trustee from 1945-1980. Originally a two-story building, Patterson Hall's upper floor was heavily damaged in the Xenia tornado of 1974. The building was reconfigured to one story and served for a time as the college clinic.
Printing is not supported at the primary Gallery Thumbnail page. Please first navigate to a specific Image before printing.