Williams Hall opened in 1960 as a residence hall. It was named in honor of long-time Bible professor Arthur Williams (1896-1978), who taught at Cedarville from 1953 to 1967. He served as chair of the Bible Department (1955-1967) and Dean of Students (1953-1960). He was the first person to be honored as Honorary Alumnus of Cedarville College in 1968. Williams Hall now houses classrooms and offices and serves as the home of the academic departments of education, psychology, and English, literature, and modern languages.