Pg. 4 slide 070
This is the entrance to Woodland Cemetery. Notice the pillars with the ionic scrolls at the top. These four pillars came from the fourth court house in Greene County. It was built in 1843, but torn down in 1900 to make way for the present court house. This court house of 1843, though being the fourth in the county was the second located in Xenia. At one time Jamestown gave Xenia quite a battle for the county seat. If three of Jamestown's voters had rememberd the election, Jamestown would have won. As it was, however, the tie was broken by the vote cast by a stranger who was just passing through. Registration for voting apparently was not yet in vogue.
Greene County, Ohio