The building now known as the History and Government Center was added to the campus in the late 1940s. It was originally the biology building and later served as Milner Chapel. The October 1959 issue of The Ohio Independent Baptist, the newsletter of the Ohio Association of Regular Baptist Churches, reported on renovations to the building: "Originally a government surplus building, the chapel was extended 40 feet previously and now the frame structure is being bricked and additions put on the east and west sides to make it large enough to handle 400 persons." Through the years, this building has been used for various campus services and offices, including Human Resources, the bookstore, Campus Safety, the print shop, and academic and administrative offices. It now houses the offices of the Department of History and Government and the Center for Political Studies.
This image is taken from the cover of The Ohio Independent Baptist of October 1959 (Volume 31, Number 12), the newsletter of the Ohio Association of Regular Baptist Churches. It shows the building when it was Milner Chapel, and the caption under the picture reads, "Enlargement of Milner Chapel at Cedarville College almost finished".
This image shows the building when it housed Human Resources.
This image was taken when the building housed the Copy Center.