The building now known as the History and Government Center was added to the campus in 1950. It was originally the biology building and later served as Milner Chapel. The October 1959 issue of The Ohio Independent Baptist, the newsletter of the Ohio Association of Regular Baptist Churches, reported on renovations to the building: "Originally a government surplus building, the chapel was extended 40 feet previously and now the frame structure is being bricked and additions put on the east and west sides to make it large enough to handle 400 persons." Through the years, this building has also been used for various campus services and offices, including Human Resources, the bookstore, Campus Safety, the print shop, and academic and administrative offices. It now houses the offices of the Department of History and Government and the Center for Political Studies.