Submission Guidelines for The 'Ville in Focus: Fall 2023
- Who: All current Cedarville University students may submit.
- What: Up to two photographs that you think applies to any of the following categories: In My ______ Era, In His Image, Sweater Weather, or Small Town Vibes. There is a limit of two entries per person. You may submit photographs to more than one category but may not exceed a total of two entries.
- Where: Use the link in the sidebar to submit your photograph.
- Read and accept the Submission Agreement below.
- Provide photographer information.
- Provide photograph details and upload photograph.
- Following a successful review by a contest administrator, your photograph will be posted and display on the site. Please allow time for this to happen, especially if your photograph is submitted over the weekend.
Please note: make sure your photo upholds Cedarville University guidelines and values. Otherwise, administrators may decline to post your submission.
Before you begin, please be sure you have the following items:
- The photograph's title
- The category you will submit your photo to
- The electronic format of your photograph (.jpg or .png)
Rights & Policies
Before submitting, please be sure that all necessary permissions have been cleared. You retain the copyright to your photograph and grant us the nonexclusive right to publish this material, meaning that you may also publish it elsewhere.
Digital Commons publishes its material under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommerical-No Derivative Works 4.0 License. This license allows others to download your works and share them with others as long as they credit you but prohibits others from changing your works in any way or using them commercially.
It is necessary that you agree to the terms of publishing in the repository listed in the author agreement. The submission agreement for this gallery is below:
I hold the copyright to this photograph and agree to permit the photograph to be posted in the Centennial Library Photo Contest in Cedarville University’s Digital Commons.
I understand that accepted photographs will be posted as submitted unless the copyright holder requests otherwise or submits a revision. I further understand and agree that the photograph may be printed for display in the library and will continue to be hosted on the Digital Commons after the conclusion of the photo contest. This means that others may download my work and share it as long as I am credited, but they may not change my work in any way or use it commercially.
I acknowledge and agree that I retain all other rights to this photograph.